If there is ever a day for indulgence in front of the TV, this is it. Many viewers will be chomping down on chips, wings, hot dogs and pizza, but these are just of a few of the treats that can be enjoyed on the big day. And they’re admittedly not the healthiest.
This year, either in supplement or substitution to those standards, here are some other easy food ideas for party noshing.
- Ranchero beans — Think of this as a Spanish version of chili. It’s delicious, filling, and awesome with chips and tortillas.
- Tzatziki — This yogurt-based dip and spread is a great alternative to the usual fat-laden dips.
- Bruschetta — Sounds fancy, but this hearty tomato and basil mixture atop crostini is light, satisfying, and a cinch to make.
- Blue cheese wedge — This version is spiced up with buffalo sauce. Perfect to go with those wings!
- Shishito peppers — These addicting Asian peppers are relatively mild and are perfect finger foods.
- Homemade salsa — What would Super Bowl be without chips and guacamole? Spice things up with this easy dip that complements them both.
- Homemade hummus (picture above) — Forget the expensive store-bought stuff. Hummus is ridiculously easy to make at home and serves as a delicious dip.
- Oven-baked potato fries — Another healthier alternative to frying, this version of a classic is just as satisfying.
- Pasta salad — Add some color with the carbs in this multi-hued take on a classic side dish.
Whatever the outcome of the game, I hope you enjoy it and those wacky commercials alongside friends, family, and good food!